Who are we? We are...
A Funding and Program Administrator:
- In 2014, ICHRA paid in excess of $1.05 million dollars in rent subsidies providing approximately 3500 families/individuals with a safe, affordable place to live.
- ICHRA has worked as an administrator to State Grant funds to provide loans (forgiven after 7 yrs) to landlords and property owners in Itasca County to upgrade/improve their rental and personal properties.
- ICHRA owns and manages 40 public housing units (1,2,3 bedroom units). Units are subsidized so that the family pays rent based on 30% of adjusted income.
- ICHRA owns 5 transitional housing units. Two local nonprofit agencies manage these properties (AFFP and Kootasca).
- ICHRA owns WilderNest Townhomes in Bigfork - 12 affordable rental units.
- In collaboration with ICC, ICHRA issued bonds for the construction of Itasca Hall, providing 44 units of student housing with 75 beds for the campus.
- ICHRA developed WilderNest Townhomes in 2007 for the community of Bigfork where rental housing was very scarce.
- Past redevelopment projects include issuance of bonds for the Itasca Resource Center and the jail annex and provision of tax increment financing for the Sugar Lake Lodge project.
- Current projects include Beacon Hill, a 48 unit supportive housing development which ICHRA will be a part owner, in conjunction with Northland Counseling Center.
A Partner: ICHRA partners with...
- Many landlords throughout Itasca County providing rental payments directly to the owner on behalf of a participating family.
- Northland Counseling Center in order to provide necessary supportive services for specific populations to remain in independent living situations.
- Itasca County Health & Human Services to provide some local funding to supplement state funding for rental assistance for persons diagnosed with a serious mental illness.
- The Duluth and Virginia HRAs to bring state rental assistance dollars to the region.
- ICHRA also partners on a regional basis through our involvement with the North East Regional Housing group composed of regional housing leaders and state funders to discuss regional housing issues.
- ICHRA participated during 2008 -2010 in the regional IRRRB Range Readiness Initiative Housing Work Team.
- ICHRA continues to partner on a state basis through participation in MN NAHRO (National Association of Housing & Redevelopment Officials).
A Stragetic Plan Update...
Itasca County HRA has recently updated its Stragetic Plan. The Stragetic Plan may be viewed by clicking here: Itasca County HRA's Stragetic Plan