Public Housing Waiting List - How to Apply
To Obtain an Application
Please select ONE of the following options:
- Download and print a Complete Application Package, including the Pre-Application for Public Housing and Supplement to the Application; or
- Call 218-326-7978 ext 0, to leave your name and full address. Note that you are requesting a public housing application. An application will be mailed to you; or
- Email your name and full address to: email@example.com. Please make certain you indicate that you are requesting an application for public housing units located in Calumet and Taconite. An application will be mailed to you; or
- Stop by the ICHRA Offices, 102 NE Third Avenue, Suite 160, Grand Rapids, MN to pick up an application.
When You Receive Your Application
- Answer all questions completely and accurately on the application and attached forms.
- Have all household members age 18 and older sign and date the application.
- Mail or bring the forms to:
Itasca County HRA
102 NE Third Street, Suite 160
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
- Incomplete or unsigned forms cannot be placed on the waiting list.
While You Wait
- Your name will be entered onto the Public Housing waiting list.
- You will receive a letter telling you approximately how long you must wait for an eligibility interview.* Waiting time is determined by: the date and time of the application and the bedroom size required for the household. The HRA does not have any emergency housing.
- You must report any changes of address and/or household size to ICHRA.
- You can check your status on the waiting list after you have received the letter informing you of waiting list placement. To do this you must call: 218-326-7978 ext 0, and leave your name and return phone number.
- The HRA will contact you annually regarding your continued interest in the public housing program. You must respond to this notice or your name will be removed from the waiting list.
*All applicants for the Public Housing Program must complete a thorough screening process that includes criminal and housing history background checks